Wednesday, September 23, 2020

Half-week thought dump

While I miss eating out and all the rich foods that I typically consume, having a meal plan and rituals is its own comfort. I play a lot of Pokemon Go and Sunday was Community Day, which in these COVID-19 times means a lot of driving all over town. I was a little worried about taking my diet on the go, particularly with my usual takeout-and-dine-out crew, but anticipated being a passenger for most of it and brought ice cream, frozen green beans and one entree. 

As luck would have it, our usual driver was multiply delayed, and I ended up driving my friends around most of the day, missing my usual shake time for which I'd brought the ice cream, and making a point to stop at lunchtime to inhale my meal. I brought a salad dressing bottle in case we ended up at a drive-thru or restaurant, but everyone dispersed after playing to eat at home. I kind of feel at fault, and hate that that's who I've become: the one with the dietary restrictions. :/

~*~*~*

Weekly coaching calls are on Mondays, and while I had the greatest weight loss in the group for the week, I also had the least physical activity reported. "Are you ...physically able to do PA?" our substitute coach asked. Duly shamed, I went for a walk yesterday and remembered that I twisted my ankle and fell Sunday while getting ready to leave the house. It doesn't hurt, but the muscles and tendons that were sprained twinges sometimes, depending how my foot lands, and the part in front of my ankle bone is swollen. 

Lately I also sometimes throw my hip out on walks, but a day off between walks is usually enough time for it to rest, so I committed to walking every other day this week. 

~*~*~*

I love that I can eat all the fruit I want, and that pasta is on the menu, but I do want to replicate more foods that I love so I don't feel like I'm missing out. Currently plotting a pizza with a crust made of vanilla shake and chicken soup mixes, a sugar-free tomato sauce comprised primarily of tomato paste, and maybe roasted peppers and basil as a topping. The ice cream i made was nice enough with half an hour's freezer time, but got completely solid overnight. I'm going to experiment with unflavored gelatin this weekend to keep it soft and scoopable. I also need pancakes and bread. I tried making banana bread the other day with banana and oatmeal, but it ended up being an oatmealy banana fritter. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Calculations

  A friend who lost weight doing keto asked me how I’m losing weight eating all the fruit I want, so I did the math. ~*~*~* I used the calcu...